So what can you do to transition your pet back to a more normal routine where they are not getting the constant attention:
- Leave the TV on so when you are gone, they don’t feel they are so alone.
- Try interactive toys when you are gone. There are puzzle treat boxes that pets have to figure out a pattern to get a treat. There are also the kong toys that provide different avenues for retrieving treats.
- Hire a pet sitter to stop by mid day for a walk or 30 minute play session. More children are home schooled these days and may be looking for a part time job that would accommodate both your needs.
- Hide treats around the home for your pet to find.
- Make sure you have 1 hour of time just for your pet each evening at least for the first few weeks.
- Radio can be a good alternative to TV for your pet.