Remember these guidelines and your pets should be just fine on Halloween night.
- No candy for Fido! We all know about chocolate being toxic, but sugar free candies can be deadly as well. Sugar is also hard on your pet’s digestive system.
- A lot of times we light candles or have extra cords out for lights and decorations. These can be so dangerous with our furry friends. They can catch fire to themselves and your home as well as chew through cords causing electrocution.
- Make sure your pet has a safe place during hours of trick or treaters. It’s always good to have a kennel or your bedroom ready for your pets to feel secure from scary costumes, strangers in your home and small children try to scare or chase them.
- Don’t force a costume on your pet! If your pet regularly wears clothes, a costume may be fine, but most will be irritated and grumpy from the experience.