Bored cats are destructive and disruptive to your happy home! When cats are bored they can wake you up at night, do excessive scratching and chewing on furniture or fight with other felines in the home. Try some of these tips to help ease the boredom.
- Move the food location. This encourages your feline to “hunt” for their food like they do in the wild.
- In the same token, hiding treats can be another great adventure for your cat.
- Food puzzles can be fun for some felines.
- Toys: mouse pop ups, catnip filled toys are a great activity. Rotating toys can help as well. Just like children, they will be more apt to play with a toy they haven’t seen for awhile.
- Grooming. There are different grooming tools that will “tickle your cat’s fancy”. Wahl makes a grooming glove and there are brushes that your cat will be quite soothed by. I have a brush that you would think would do nothing, but my cat loves it. She is very timid, so it took several days of introduction to help her understand the benefit. Now she lays down each day by me so I can stroke her with it.