We have all been there! How in the world do you expect me to get that medicine in my pet? Cats are especially difficult! but so can be for dogs! Try some of these the next time you struggle to get medicine in your pet.
- Peanut butter or Almond Butter: Put the pill in a teaspoon of peanut butter and swipe in the roof of your pets mouth. They will swallow the pill as they are getting the peanut butter off the roof of their mouth. Has worked like a charm for my pets!
- Cream cheese is also a great consistency like peanut butter to hide a pill in. But remember just a teaspoon or so will do the trick.
- Hot Dogs work for some pets, just make sure if you are giving to a small dog, it is the same principle as a child. The hot dog can get lodged in the throat.
- Liver pate is a nice soft consistency to hide a pill in as well.
- My border collie never liked his heart worm preventative and trifexis recommends a full meal with the pill to help them not vomit. When giving this medicine I would put the pill on top of his food in the middle and pour a 1/2 cup of canned turkey gravy over it. He loves gravy, so this way he was sure to eat the pill and enough food to keep him from having an upset stomach.