Letting your kitty roam outside
Many cat owners want to give their felines time to enjoy outdoors. Keep in mind a few of these pointers:
- Making sure your kitty has a microchip gives a sense of security that if kitty wanders off, a microchip can bring her safely home.
- Start with small amounts of time outside.
- If kitty is scared outside, don’t push it, some love it and others do not. My cat just wants to go out to the porch and rub on the rough pavement, then come back in.
- Make sure your kitty is current on vaccinations and has flea preventative on. You don’t want to bring in extra pesky friends or make kitty sick.
- Invisible fence makes collars for cats and then you can use a small rock type fixture to give a small area for kitty to roam.