Dog and cat microchipping is a simple procedure that can be performed at your veterinarian’s office. Pet microchips are very small, roughly the size of a grain of rice and are inserted just beneath your pet’s skin between their shoulder blades. Inserting the microchip is quick and safe similar to a routine shot.
A pet microchip uses a radio frequency known as RFID to transmit the ID number stored on the microchip to the scanning device that reads the pet’s unique number and displays it. The facility that scans your pet can then enter the microchip number into the Universal Pet Microchip Lookup tool online at http://www.petmicrochiplookup.org to determine if your pet is registered and they will contact us directly so we can reunite you with your pet.
It is important to register this unique microchip number with your contact information so that you can be reached immediately 24 hours a day if your pet is lost or found.
- Unlike other forms of pet ID, a microchip cannot be removed or falsified
- PetLink keeps your personal information safely stored and password-protected online; use our toll-free number on your pet’s collar!
- Registration is valid for the life of your pet – no annual or renewal fees!
- 24/7/365 Pet Recovery Hotline
- Free Lost Pet Posters, complete with your pet’s photo
- A GOOD TIME TO MICROCHIP YOUR PET IS WHEN YOU HAVE US SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PUPPY OR KITTEN. THEY ARE ALREADY SEDATED SO THEY DON’T FEEL A THING. See our price sheet page for pricing.
Post Tagged with canine
, VIP Animal Care