Yes, fire safety should include your pet. How many of us have a fire plan and include our pets? I know I had not even thought about this until I saw the notice about fire safety. Here are a few tips to keep in mind for fire safety with our pets.
- Don’t forget to check the batteries on the smoke detector.
- Think about your candle placement when pets are around. The flame might be enticing to the pets.
- Make sure your fireplace has a guard.
- Think about placing a rescue sticker on the windows in the rooms your pet’s kennel so fire fighters know where your pets are.
- Did you know they make oxygen masks for pets? This would be an excellent donation to your local fire department.