Top 4 nutrition tips for senior dogs
- Watch the weight
- if you see change in weight, up or down, come see us. It can signal thyroid issues, or cancer for instance.
- Excess weight makes it harder on their joints.
- Quality versus Quantity
- Whole food like chicken not chicken meal should be on the nutrition label.
- Make sure their are no fillers
- There should be a good source of fiber
- Watch the Protein
- As your pet ages, you must lower their protein levels.
- This takes the pressure off the kidneys to filter extra protein.
- Add vegetables such as sweet potatoes and green beans.
- Antioxidants help slow the aging process
- They also help deter cell damage
- These are dark leafy greens like kale and spinach
- Eggs are also a great source
- Vitamin A and E
Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)