Ways to improve your senior dog’s life.
As dog’s age, it’s important to keep them engaged in age appropriate play time and rest. Remember these tips to provide a great life for them as they age.
- Low impact playtime: hiding treats around the house can be a great game for them.
- Food puzzles
- If you have hard wood or tile, add runners to make it easier for your older dog to not slip and fall
- Get him an orthopedic bed to help ease joints.
- A heated bed may help in fall and winter
- Smaller more frequent meals
- extra bathroom breaks
- Extra clothing to keep them warmer in the winter
- Stairs or a ramp may be needed to help your pet get into your vehicle or your bed.